Surprise, surprise. I'm sick again! I'm pretty bummed about not being in school today, I was really excited to do the workshop Luke had planned but I woke up this morning and it just wasn't possible. So instead I sit here in bed with the light from my laptop as low as possible writing this and maybe, if I gather up the courage to get up, watch some old cartoons from when I was little.
But ANYWAY,
(I'm going to try to include as much information as I can without getting sidetracked, which is something I tend to do a lot in these blog posts)
I love trying new ways of creating art because just drawing on paper gets boring sometimes, Margaret DeLima does something that I have never tried or even witnessed before. She was trained with clay but uses paper instead (I could go into more detail about what she actually does but at this point I'm not even sure, sorry I guess I'll just have to wait and see). She takes personal experiences and makes them into works of art, which actually happens to be something I want to learn how to do because often in my artwork I find myself just drawing things that I think is pretty and nothing that actually means something to me. She's a psychogeographical artist that documents her life. She takes photographs of things that happen daily and she creates a bank of images showing how she sees her world (sounds a little bit like a 365?) The thought process of making art is really what interests me when it comes to Margaret, she takes her thoughts and sometimes others ad creates art that lets their voices to be heard. Even though a lot of it looks like harmless childhood art, I feel like a dark side to them can be seen, but even though being a kid can seem pretty great looking back its easy to forget that there can be a dark side to every childhood that is translated through art. Or maybe I'm just seeing things, who knows?
we missed you, and hopefully you'll be back in the fray by friday.
ReplyDelete