So where have I been in the past few weeks?
my last post talks about editing movies. The painting workshop video was abandoned the a capella barely made it by, the montage was as good as it was going to get, but the thing I am the most proud of is definitely the photography workshop. I threw that one together last minute just as something to take up time in stac live. It was edited the morning of and I didn't even see the finished copy. music and all, until it was shown to the school. It was funny up beat and just kind of pretty. Heres the finished copy:
I've also been stage managing the middle school musical and it's definitely an interesting experience. I barely have to deal with the cast. It's kind of awesome. A lot of the time, even with the High School shows I feel like the cast's babysitter, but theres so many parents helping out that I don't have to. In high School theres so much drama and politics involved in the productions that it sometimes takes away the enjoyment, but the middle schoolers are the exact opposite. The entire cast seems happy to be there. Even the ensemble members seem to be enjoying themselves, sometimes even more than the leads. Middle Schoolers have this certain charm to them, this twinkle in their eyes, a fascination with high schoolers and growing up. I find myself thinking back to when I was their age and how differently I viewed the world from now. I kind of miss it. I'm sure they would hate to hear me say this, but they're still kids. you lose that liveliness and outlook on life when you have to start taking yourself and your future seriously. The other day I had a 7th grader come up to me and tell me that she heard "Some 8th graders are... are smoking the Marijuana"It was so cute and innocent that I couldn't help but entertain her shock. I don't want to be the one to tell her that it's actually quite common. I'll let her keep that starry eyed innocence for a few more years.
No comments:
Post a Comment