This midterm week was a much needed break from life. All three of my midterms/finals were on tuesday and wednesday, and I worked monday tuesday and saturday morning, leaving me Thursday, Friday, most of Saturday and Sunday to do whatever I want. Don't get me wrong, I like being busy but I needed a bit of time to do what I want. I haven't just been sitting around these past few days though, I've gotten quite a bit accomplished.
After my tests wednesday I relaxed with my friend and did some hair dying. I woke up early on thursday to try and get some editing for STAC live done, got fed up with my PC, took all my money out of my bank account and invested in a brand new Macbook. I wouldn't call it a spontaneous buy because I knew I was going to buy one before college, I just sped up the process a little bit. It's really pretty and I love it, but it doesn't quite feel like it's my laptop. I'm used to having pretty crappy things, heck up until a couple months ago all my electronics were living in 2007. I feel the need to justify to myself why I just spent over a thousand dollars on a computer, but hey I like to think that I deserve it. I spend all my time at work, and the little time that I do have off I'm doing things for other people or doing homework. I worked my ass off all throughout high school and even more so this year, and I got into the program of my dreams. I deserve something nice, right?
Well now onto the reason I got the macbook so early. For the past month or so I've been editing everything on my PC and it is not easy. It's extremely time consuming and I'm convinced that they made editing software on PC's so shit for a reason. WIthin the few days I've had this laptop I've gotten more done than in the past month. The acapella workshop video is done, painting is on it's way, but the montage still needs a lot of work.
It's kind of hard to make a slideshow if there aren't many pictures. I've been stalking everybody's facebook's looking for pictures, texting everyone with a camera try just to get as many files as possible. originally this was just supposed to be the 3rd field trip but I have so many pictures from the two that I went on that I'm combining them all together. I'm trying to find as many pictures of everyone as possible so everyones in it, but not everyone takes pictures. I know a problem with last years slide show was that it was the same 5 or 6 kids over and over again, but there's nothing I can do if those are the only pictures we have. I know it's not fair, but it shouldn't be up to the few kids that take pictures to go out of their way and shoot those who don't. I have personally been trying to take as many pictures of everyone as I can, but there's only so much I can single handedly do. The majority of my pictures are Danielle, Sarah, Courtney, John and Megan just because those are the people I'm around on trips. Please guys take more pictures. you don't need a fancy DSLR, even your iPhone would work. Just keep this in mind next time.
With that said the Montage is still getting done, and if you do have pictures give them to me and I can fit them in.
No comments:
Post a Comment