I've been all over the place lately and it's not hard to tell. Every moment of every day is scheduled, and there isn't nearly enough time for me to do everything I want to do. I have more of a drive to do something artistic 24/7 now than ever before. And it's not even just drawing anymore. I have so many books I want to read, so many projects in mind, so many shows I want to see, and this surprising urge to get out of my comfort zone and do some acting.
I don't know where this all came from, but I think its the sudden realization that I might not have this opportunity ever again. If I do end up getting into theater design, I'm going to spend the rest of my life working behind the scenes and I'm going to regret not pushing myself to act more, write, or even direct. College isn't as wonderful as STAC, I'm not going to have as many opportunities to explore the different disciplines once I'm out of here. While I do want to get more experience in design this year, I also want to take some last minute chances to do something new.
One thing I really want to do is get more comfortable with reading scripts. I'm not very used to the formatting and just generally want to learn more about shows. So for now I'm going to put aside my pile of books and replace it with a pile of plays.
Another adventure that I'm working on with Matt Megan and John is something we like to call Channel Surfing. and if you want to here more about it go here: http://channelsurfingscript.blogspot.com/?view=classic
This should be an interesting year.
No comments:
Post a Comment