Monday, September 24, 2012

College Planning

Oh gosh, I don't even know where to start. I have so much to do and not nearly enough time. If you ask anyone in my family they'd describe me as the energizer bunny, I'm constantly going. I wake up at 6, do some leftover homework, get ready for school, leave the house by 6:50, go to school, get out, go straight to work or rehearsals, come home, eat for sometimes this first time that day, and do homework for the rest of the night till I drop. I'm certainly overwhelmed, but I'm making it work. I don't know why, but ti took me until my senior year to finally get the motivation to do all my work for classes. I think it's mainly because I'm taking classes I want to for the first time. AP Psych, Mythology and Economics are my only 'real' classes this year which is a relief, but they both give a lot of out of school work. And after I'm done with all that, my free time goes to looking for colleges with theater design programs and their requirements for admission.
My top choices (in order) so far are Purchase, Binghamton, Fredonia, New Paltz (they'd be higher up if they had specifically a theater design major) and as a backup Columbia College Chicago. There are other schools in New York with the major I'm looking for, but they are way out of my price range. My parents want me close to home, so Purchase is honestly perfect for me. I don't have a problem with getting in academically, but when it comes to the theater arts conservatory it's going to be a struggle. So I just need to have a solid portfolio and be as charming as possible in my interview. 
My resume isn't looking too bad though! Here's what I've got so far:
Painted/designed some sets at the JCC for Annie (2011) and Sound of Music (2012)
Internship at PATV for Spring/Summer of 2011
Stage crew for Metamorphoses (2011) and Fiddler on the Roof (2012)
Stage Manager for Our Town (2012)
TV Studio Club Treasurer (2010-2011) Vice President (2011-2012) President (2012-2013)
Stage crew for Captain Canada (2012)
I'm certainly very nervous for the months to come, but I'm facing them head on.

ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE NOTE:
I've been DYING to paint lately. I still have that huge canvas that I painted black and haven't done anything else with yet (I have an idea though). I'm thinking of trying to finish what I'm currently working on in Ganes' class quick just to get it over with and move onto a painting I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment