Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Am I ever going to have a normal acting class?
Yesterday we had acting class and as always, it was freaking weird. It's no mystery that I'm uncomfortable with acting and get extremely nervous when I have to. This week we did much more watching rather than doing and I'm okay with that. After "walking the dog," we all sat down and got to watch each other fire or get fired. Improv has always been something that frightens me, I normally avoid it. I can't even remember the last time I did it (it was probably during Jim Bonni). Of course I was last to go along with Matt. I was put in the position of the boss even though I wanted to be the employee which was bad enough, then of course Luke decides to make our thing "flirty" which effectively freaked me out. I'm not good at flirting in real life so I wasn't exactly sure what to do when put in the position of flirting in front of everyone especially with Matt. The improv started and I was shaking uncontrollably, I really couldn't stop. My feet were taping really fast, and my whole body was shaking. For a quick second it all felt very real to me. I wasn't trying to act, I hardly even remember how the conversation went. I really felt like I was firing jim. Even after Luke told us to stop, my legs were still shaking and I was on the verge of tears. It took about 5 seconds for me to realize it wasn't real and to finally snap out of it. When I went home later that night I was thinking about it and I tried to move my feet that fast again and I couldn't even get close to the speed. It was a one time thing and oddly enough it happened in a fictional world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It;s amazing how it works, isn't it? Acting can be real-er than real.
ReplyDeleteYou keep saying your uncomfortable and can act and blah blah blah but then every acting class you do really well. Hmm..