So as I am writing this I am currently on a train home from a long day in the city, although this blog wont be up till later tonight. This week I've been unbelievably busy, its unlike me. One of my friends is the president of our grade so I was sort of inclined to help out with homecoming. Our grade doesn't have many artistic people so I had a lot of work to do, but in the end I guess it paid off because we won 1st place for banner! I'm sorry if this blog is a little late I've had virtually no time to sit down and write it. My brains a little bit of a mess so I might have a tough time remembering what happened this week, so lets give this a shot:
The spy game we've been playing made me want to check into a clinic for the mentally insane. On Monday my team started an inbox on facebook to communicate, after an hour or so I stopped getting messages. I kept checking for days to see if I got any but it just wasn't happening. Thursday was when the game really got interesting, during 5th period I found out that my team thought I was the mole, and they were all planning on killing me later that day. After enough convincing, I finally got them to trust me. On that same day we had Mr. Ganes come in to show us some of Bubsy Berkley's work (I'll address my thoughts on that later in this blog) we were all gathered around the TV screen watching, I was sitting next to Bobby and Leah was sitting behind writing something. Bobby tells me that he thinks Leah is going to kill us. We freak out and go sit somewhere else, taking our bags with us because we were so paranoid someone was going to kill us. After class I was able to find red teams drop box which wasn't so hard since I saw someone use it. On Friday the game was declared over which was a sigh of relief because now I can roam the halls without the worry of getting attacked.
Now onto Bubsy Berkeley! I don't know much about dance, but I do know that I'm horrible at it. Dancing was just something I was never into but I am a sucker for good camera work. I loved all of the overhead shots and transitions they made from one scene to the next. Each part flowed into the next flawlessly and gave me some ideas for future projects I can work on. You can tell there was a ton of work put into creating such a master piece.
The last thing I want to talk about is our trip to the community center where we did some acting. I haven't done very much acting so I didn't really know what to expect. I knew shyness wouldn't be a factor in my acting because I'm pretty comfortable in who I am and I'm okay with others seeing that. I had a problem with the exercise we did where we had to start a movement and make that into a character, but I'll get the hang of it eventually. One thing I really enjoyed was the exercise where we had to imitate the character our partner was playing. my first partner was Molly, things were going smoothly up until she said something that was really funny and I couldn't help but laugh. She of course followed me and began to laugh as well, this went on until we ended up playing a character that ended up being an over exaggerated version of myself. Another partner I had was Bobby (who actually talked about this in his blog) and somehow it turned into a scream off getting gradually louder till the point where we couldn't breathe (having asthma doesn't help either). It made me loosen up a bit more and I'm ready to do more acting!
Thats all I can remember for now, next week my mind will hopefully be a lot clearer allowing me to write more in depth. Oh and I'm so ready for the trip this Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment