My junior year is coming to an end and I'm having a wee bit of anxiety to say the least. There's so much I wanted to have done by the time college aplications come around that I still don't have done. College is right around the corner for me and its terrifying not having any plans for my future. I like to keep things generally structured and planned out so having my future unknown is quite scary. I'm really hoping things will get clearer over the summer when I have more time to focus on my FIT class and think about what I want to do. I hardly have any portfolio worthy pieces (maybe 3 if I'm lucky) and I don't even know if I'm submitting a portfolio. Between the stress of school and the confusion of my future, I'm not having a great time.
My group has been having trouble focusing on our music video, but I don't think I want to throw it out just yet. Sarah Danny and I have put a lot of thought into our project, and I really want to see it come to life. Maybe once we start filming things will go a lot faster.
For now we're all focused on our art though. I think Sarahs working on anatomy, Dannys working on color and I'm still trying to figure out how to match colors with oil paints. It's not very easy at first, but once you start to get the hang of it, it goes a lot smoother. I was never much of a painter, but there's always room for improvement. Also, to start enjoying art again you kind of have to create some art. I think for now I should focus on getting my passion for it back and then work on getting a portfolio together. It's going to be a rough couple of months and hopefully it'll prove to be worth it..
No comments:
Post a Comment