Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Independent Projects

SO this is what we've all been waiting for from the first day of STAC. I've always had an intrest in film making so this is a perfect opportunity to explore that. Sarah and I have been obsessed with this band called The Brobecks for quite some time now, and without eachothers knowledge had been wanting to do a music video for their song Goodnight Socialite. When the time came to pick a project on monday I went straight to Sarah and told her how I really want to make it and she was quick to agree. We knew we needed a boy for what we wanted to do and Danny fit the part perfectly so we pulled him aside quickly and asked him to join us. I'm glad we're working in such a small group cause it'll make getting together and getting things done much easier than if we were in a large group. I don't think they'll be too many conflicts. I just want this to go smoothly.
So far we know the basic premise of our video, but we're just working out the details. It really helps to have a song to guide us because we can follow the tempo and sound of the song to constuct the video after. The song is very dramatic and in itself tells a story, so we're taking that story and making it our own. You know, filling in all the details and giving it a meaning. That being said, it is very hard to keep from just actign out the lyrics. it's so ingraved in our minds that we have trouble ignoring it. We're working on it though.
The past few days we've been working out the story, figuring out places to film and writing down ideas that come to mind. I want to try and wrap it up by friday so we could really start preparing for filming. Also I'm buying a camera this weekend that I'm super excited to use on this project.
My side salad is still being decided on. I know I'm definitely doing art, but I'm not sure exactly what. I think I may try and get as many portfolio pieces done as possible so I'll have stuff for when college applications come around.
This is the song if you're interested:
I think it's going to be a good quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment