Thursday, September 8, 2011

Straight Up

So it's been awhile, and it feels good to be blogging again! I've always enjoyed writing these because it gives me an outlet for all those thoughts I have that I cant seem to get across to people in conversations. I promise to keep everything on here honest and 100% true to my thoughts and beliefs because whats the point in having a blog filled with lies? So here goes the first of (hopefully) many blog posts this year:

I don't like the web on the wall, but let me explain. The concept is good I guess but it could be SO much better. We are STACies after all, aren't we? It's a good little project to get to know each other but nothing that I would personally be proud enough to put out into the world (just yet at least). Maybe if it was a bit fuller it'd look cool? But right now it doesn't look like much to me. I'm hoping that Luke has some crazy plan as to how we're going to expand on it, but if he doesn't I'd love to bounce back ideas with a few people. I just expect something much grander coming from STAC, something people with pass by and go "Whoa that's awesome"  or "I wish I thought of that." If we really want to save STAC we need something that will blow the school boards minds, something that shows how important this class really is to all of us, something they can't ignore. I know I'm being really harsh, but this has just been on my mind. It was a good idea but it could also become a great idea.

I'm already thinking of what I want my focus to be this quarter and I already have a few ideas that I'm excited about. There's one specifically that Luke sparked the idea for on the second day of school that I'm very interested in doing (Already have a name for it already). Needless to say, I'm ready for whatever Luke throws at us this year.

5 comments:

  1. Well! This is honest and great! Caitlin shows her girl balls finally! Excellent. Now we can work.

    I am really glad you are taking the concept of excellence to heart, and looking at things as indicative of us, and indicative of you. This is called quality, this is called craftsman/craftswoman/craftsperson-ship. That sense of pride in what one does, the desire to make it the best it can be. That is needed, that must be spread about like golden butter on every bit of the meal.

    It is very early in the semester. There are many ways to make art. There is much failure we have to do before we have success. I look at that big wall, our big, white, freshly painted wall, and I see, at this stage of the game, a space for glorious failures. Three days in, though, and look what we've already made. Is it a failure? Maybe it's a miracle.

    It is an invitation to the future of this year of STAC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for the development of the wall throughout the year. I feel like if we keep experimenting on it and trying new things we could come out with something awesome, that as a group we can all really be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good point. i had a different experience ,but i understand yours. we were right next to each other with totally opposite opinions held within us. interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I am pretty unsatisfied with the final product. It looks messy, unorganized - not what STAC should represent! We are a group of talented people, and I expected more planning and thinking to how a web should look like.

    In the end however, it mirrored who we were- different individuals. That's one of the upsides to this little project that we started the year off with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree but disagree. I was definitely much happier with the overall product than you were, but I understand what you're saying. But I think the point of this project wasn't so much for other people as it was for us. Yes, when people walk by they probably won't have that "Woah, that's awesome", but we have all year for that. I agree though, we should definitely expand on it!

    ReplyDelete