Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jim Bonni

I don't consider myself an actress, I'm much more comfortable sitting behind a desk drawing all day. So when Luke told me that I was in the acting workshop, I wasn't thrilled. We got down to the Community Center and went into the same dance room that I was forced to learn a hip hop number a few months ago (which may I add, dancing is not my thing either). But I decided to not be so negative and just hope that it won't be too terrible and it really wasn't! I don't consider myself a shy person but that can change quickly when I'm put in a uncomfortable situation like acting. Within the first few minutes I realized there was no reason for me to be shy because all the people in that room were my friends and they already know how crazy I am, and from there it's really just a blur. I hardly remember what went on! I just remember everyone being very emotional and crying, but I didn't really feel any of that. I wanted to feel it but I really couldn't. My feelings didn't change throughout the workshop, when everyone was screaming angrily at each other, I was just screaming. I honestly have no clue why but I wasn't really reacting to anything as strongly as everyone else was, and it kind of bothers me. Whats in me thats different from everyone else? And I know I'm not a lifeless robot! I have emotions, I just don't show them often. I want to try the workshop again to see if somethings changes but know knows, maybe it will, maybe it wont.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, this is good. I love how you're being honest. There is so much we can work on if you're honest.

    Well, first of all, don't compare yourself to the others. You are you, you proceed at your own pace, don't worry what other people think or how they are progressing. You take the time you need - you have no choice about this - it will happen the way it happens whether you push or fight it.

    You'll be in the workshop again this week. Enter into it bravely, like you already have, and be present to the experience. That is all you're asked to do.

    In STAC I put the students in not only what they think they want to do, but what I think will be good for them. I'm sure you've already noticed this.

    You've been an asset to the program - I think you should know this.

    Warm Regards,
    Luke

    ReplyDelete