Monday, October 11, 2010

Titles really aren't my thing

In STAC art so far we've been learning about Bubsy Berkeley an looking at his different musical numbers. I auditioned for STAC with just a art portfolio of some of my drawings I've done over the course of the year, so I was excited to get started in STAC art begin creating art. When I first found out that we were doing art inspired by dance I was caught off guard. It wasn't anything like I expected us to be doing but I was intrigued as to how we were going to create artwork out of a dance. On Wednesday and Thursday we really got an idea of what we're doing. In many of Berkeley's works he would film dancers from above creating kaleidoscopic images that we are using as our inspiration for art. We pick a theme and create a kaleidoscope based off of that. I didn't come up with my theme until I had already drawn my first few shapes, but in the end it worked out. I can't wait to use color and maybe even make a sculpture inspired by his dance routines. 

This post is a little shorter than usual but I'm sure next week I'll have a lot more to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment